Saturday, November 7, 2015

Ten Days to Haiti

It’s Saturday, November the 6th and in ten days I will be flying out to Haiti. A phone conference will be made and we’ll get to process more about what we’ll be doing. I spoke to the leader and he suggested that I take and wear clothes that I could leave behind for some of the people there. What a terrific idea. He further suggested that we not take valuables. Even though that’s a “duh!” moment for me, too often I don’t think of how much I take my Western City life for granted. I’ll be processing and thinking about what to pack. Thinking minimally can be a challenge for me… even though I can pack a pretty tight suitcase (previous knowledge).


 As I head out the door to the women’s prayer meeting, I will be praying for the people we will meet and how we will be able to help them. I pray that my heart is tender and compassionate to the ones I will meet in Haiti and to the ones I see every day. Thank you for standing with me in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment