Monday, November 9, 2015

Eight Days to Haiti


In Exodus 3, Moses was unaware that this particular bush-burning was his calling.  God was in the ordinary bush-burning even before Moses noted that it was this particular bush that was for his calling. He had to turn aside from his ordinary task.


In eight (8) days, I will turn aside from my day-to-day tasks and see the wonder of God’s call to me in Haiti for just a few days. It won’t be a huge mission as Moses had – to lead the people back to the mountain to worship God (Ex. 3:12); however, for the time there, I will serve in any capacity building up the Body of Christ and ministering to the orphans and church communities God has already planned as the team leader has coordinated with the leaders in Haiti.


Sometimes we don’t realize until the obvious things around us are speaking louder than usual and it’s our call to a specific task. Today I will be listening to the voice of reason for packing and preparing. It is a little difficult to think of summer clothing when you just took off your winter coat. Okay, seasoned travelers everywhere should stop laughing.


Thanks for praying for me as I gather the right things for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment