Thursday, November 12, 2015

Five Days to Haiti...


In five days, I will be landing in Haiti by 7:35 (dinner time)…

The deadline for my outline for teaching made it just under the wire and again, your prayers have been answered.

The day has been filled with trying out the suitcases and juggling stuff to put and carry. It appears that everything is in order. As a matter of fact, I believe that something must be missing because I still have room in my luggage. Well, I am packing summer clothing and they don’t take up space like sweaters and heavy jackets.

The final addition to the luggage will be the snacks. We have to have portable snacks since we are going to be in the field during the day and it will easier to share nuts and fruit bars because lunch will be unavailable to us in the field. I wonder if beef jerky is an example of snack food. Oh, I don’t even like that. I shall default to nuts and Kind bars. Raisins are always a favorite together with walnuts. I think I found my snack of choice!

          Now to check back into the present; plans for the week of my absence must be completed.  If you haven’t guessed, the excitement is in full swing. With just a few more days left, and meetings to still to attend before take-off, I must make every effort to redeem my time wisely.

          Thank you for sharing my journey with me. “He has kept my heart in perfect peace because my mind is constantly on him.” (Isa. 26:3 my own paraphrase)
I want to serve him with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment