Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Six Days to Haiti


Dear Reader,

 

There are six days left before I am jetted off to Haiti. The days seem shorter and the amount of preparation seems greater.

 

Your prayers have been answered; the eyeglasses have been secured and are packed neatly in bubble wrap and placed in a small paper bag to carry onto the plane. The last of the communications have arrived with what to carry. I’m thinking through the snacks we should take such as dried fruits, nuts, canned tuna, protein bars and so on. That’s not real easy to do when you aren’t hungry. But I shall follow directions because I will need to share and certainly someone will have something that I would rather eat…

I had help getting the glasses today. Kaila, a young friend selected them (as I have no fashion sense) and I put them in order of strengths. Her excellent job will make the receivers happy about receiving. I pray for the recipients of those glasses that they would use them for reading God’s word and learning to grow in godly character

 

Tomorrow I shall look for shower shoes or flip-flops since we were instructed to bring them as well. Sometimes I don’t remember that I will not be able to just jump in my own shower and wash until I’m finished – we will have a schedule… I’m breathing. I’m breathing

 
God has provided in every way for this trip. May you know his providing love and peace in every situation – even when you’re looking for the right luggage to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment