Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Seven Days to Haiti



It’s Tuesday and buying reading eyeglasses are on today’s agenda. It will be a chance to walk several miles to several stores making sure I get a variety of strengths and styles for men and women. The rain promised may hinder this walking effort but the job is scheduled for today.


In reading Hebrews 4:9-10, I’m reminded of the importance of rest. Rest is an amazing gift from God. As I rush about gathering things to make the journey a blessing to others, I have asked God for his peace in the busyness of a full schedule. So true to his word, God has assured me and given me peace. Today as I travel, I pray that my heart will be sensitive to the eternal home that awaits every believer and my activities will encourage others to rest in Him. May my time with each person I encounter be filled with peace and not the anxiety I so often feel when there is much to do. Today I accept the rest that God has given and I choose to not be anxious about eyeglasses, schedules, weather, lesson planning, meals to leave and a myriad of other opportunities that comes with the daily-ness of life. My heart shall not be at rest as I enjoy God’s peace.


Seven days to take-off …

No comments:

Post a Comment