Friday, November 13, 2015

Four Days to Haiti

     In just a few days, I shall be writing from a different place. There are a few more things to pick up, like snacks.
     The day is bright and clear. The cool air (or the almost cold air) will be a distant memory on Monday evening. I've checked the weather and the heat wave of 105 degrees in Port Au Prince this week. They are expecting temps to be only in the 90's.
     In today's scripture reading, I read how Joshua was giving his last "sermon" to the Israelites (Jos 24) and I noted that he warned the people to put away the foreign gods that were in their midst (vs.23). They were promising to serve God who had dome so many things for them and yet, right among them were foreign gods.
     My prayer is that I not have a foreign god in the territory of my own heart; that I not take what God has done for me for granted. If I have raised up an idol that takes my focus away from God, may it be revealed and removed.
     Now to get back on gthe packing and removing excess. How does that always happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment